Wednesday, 29 March 2017

My Playlist Pearls #4: The Decemberists - Rox in the Box

Oh what a great, melodic folk song that is: Rox in the Box! Especially the melody sounds so fresh, unique and unspoiled to me, that it is just so enjoyable everytime I listen to it – whether intentional or unintentional :-)

I love to sing along with the lyrics as well, although apparently they have quite a sad meaning. The text is said to refer to the mine disaster that happened in Butte, MT, in 1917 – one of the largest mine disasters ever.

Anyhow, you can learn from this song – not only regarding the historic event it is referring to, but also how a really nice, neat folk song is done. Bravo to The Decemberists! And to you for getting this pearl on your playlists now ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can contact me using this form. Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to receiving your message!