Saturday, 4 April 2009

Life's Soundtracks: All Time Good Time


The summer has arrived! Well, at least in good ol' Franconia ;) But even if your days are not filled with sunshine and cloudless skies at the moment, there are quite a lot of songs that make the sun shine anywhere. So, to get you all in a mood of sunny summer days, this week's compilation has become the All Time Good Time set of 17 great tunes to make your day.
And, sure, most of them are related to the summer, the sun and good times in general. Loving Is What I Got for example: feeling good across the board ;) Some tunes are taken from the Soundtracks of the German movies "Sonnenallee" (Get It On and Give Me A Ticket For An Aeroplane) and "Schule" (this movie is about what students do in the summer before their A-Levels, i.e. sex, drugs and going swimming ... The Only One I Know and Get Wild Tonight are perfect songs for this).
Also, I put some other older songs on it like Superman, Heaven Is A Halfpipe (What happened to OPM, by the way??) and Another Day Goes By, they are not played a lot, what I think is a real shame (after all I remember Dakota Moon being number one in the German charts for weeks some time back in the 90s....).
Others, like Bohemian Like You, Walking On The Sun or Allstar just never get boring (for the radio stations AND for myself ;) ) and so they should be included in this little collection as well.
Anyway, here we go, this is my "All Time Good Time" compilation - a soundtrack for your sunny day, and I hope you like it.

Sublime – Loving Is What I Got
David Jordan – Sun Goes Down
The Charlatans – The Only One I Know
Dynamo 5 – Get It On
Plewka – Get Wild Tonight
Mark Ronson – About To Get Ugly
OPM – Heaven Is A Halfpipe
The Dandy Warhols – Bohemian Like You
REM – Superman
Crazy Town – Butterfly
Dakota Moon – Another Day Goes By
Jefferson Airplane - Give Me A Ticket For An Aeroplane
Smash Mouth – Walking On The Sun
Paolo Nutini – New Shoes
Gorillaz – Be Happy Inc.
Smash Mouth – Allstar
Fat Boy Slim – Praise You


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can contact me using this form. Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to receiving your message!