Tuesday, 16 December 2008

2008 - A musical Résumé


The year is slowly but surely drawing to it’s close and so I guess it’s time for a little individual “retrospection” of 2008’s musical achievements ;)
Here are my personal charts for the best releases of this year, a list of CDs that I think all of you should have in their collection by now. And if not: Christmas is coming …. And maybe some of your dearies don’t have suitable presents, yet:

Noisy Crumb’s Top Ten CD-Releases 2008

LCD Soundsystem – LCD Soundsystem
Hoarsebox – Cuckooland EP
Beck – Modern Guilt
The Sessions – The Sessions I Listed In A Relationship EP
Primal Scream – Beautiful Future
Jape – Ritual
MGMT – Oracular Spectacular EP
Peter Fox – Stadtaffe
The Subways – All Or Nothing
The TingTings – We Started Nothing


Apart from those few albums, there were also some Singles/Songs released 2008 that really striked my ears and also became part of my personal Best-of-2008-soundtrack. Here is a (small) assortment

Noisy Crumb’s Top 15 Songs/Singles 2008

Death Cab For Cutie – I will posses your Heart
My Morning Jacket – Touch me I am going to Scream
Bell X1 - Flame
Lykke Li – I’m Good I’m Gone
The Faint - The Geeks were right
Fujiya & Miyagi - Knickerbocker Glory
Ida Corr – Let me think about it
Flowjob und Ihmes – Schlager-Stelldichein
Alex Gaudino – Destination Unknown
Coldplay – Violet Hill
Franz Ferdinand – Ulysses
Future Kings of Spain – Syndicate
Bloc Party – Talons
Amy Macdonald – This is the Life
Ida Maria – I like you so much better when you’re naked
……

So, I guess now it only remains for me to say that I hope you all agree …. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can contact me using this form. Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to receiving your message!