Tuesday, 23 September 2008


Dreamy Late Night Driving


Driving a car at night can be great, really really great (just like late night writing by the way;) ). Presumed that you are not too drunk and not too drained of course (of course;) ). And: presumed that you have adequate music in your stereo that enhances the dreamy, cosy atmosphere a late-night-drive can bring along ..... where the road seems to belong to you and even so does the whole world ..... until your snarling front-seat passenger remembers you that you are not that alone at all ....
Well anyway to have a little selection of these only-to-play-after-dusk-songs ready in any case, I created the following compilation. I guess anyone having a fable for good music has these songs at home, but, I am pretty sure, not in this combination. So tinker them together out of your collection and ..... just enjoy!

1) Depeche Mode - Dream On
2) QOTSA - You got a Killer Scene there, Man...
3) Snow Patrol – Shut your Eyes
4) Starsailor – Four to the Floor
5) DCFC – I will possess your heart (the whole 8:30 mins!)
6) Fields of the Nephilim - Wail of summer
7) My Morning Jacket – Touch me I am going to scream
8) Jethro Tull – it’s up to me (that's a real jewel!)
9) Sniff'n The Tears - Driver's Seat
10) MGMT – Electric Feel (NOT the remix!! Geez...)
11) Timberlake – What goes around comes around
12) Keane - Bedshaped
13) QOTSA - Make It With Chu
14) Air - Talisman
and finally - when the dawn of a new day comes- :

15) Nina Simone - Feeling Good (Yes, it HAS to be the very original, not that version from Muse or anybody else)

Oh, and if you are looking for a name for this compilation, how about "Sunrise Mood"? Nice, isn't it? But unfortunately this is also the name of a different compilation, a friend made for me ages ago. So we just have to name this new one "Sunrise Mood II" and everyone's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can contact me using this form. Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to receiving your message!