The soundtrack is mainly influenced by bands like Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (who provide the theme song “Red Right Hand”, as well as several background songs in each episode), The White Stripes or The Raconteurs (Jack White being a band member here as well).
Anyhow, loving this series and its music, I also put together a small soundtrack for it – adequate additions, if I may say so. Representing some more of my favourite bands and all carefully chosen to get you in the Peaky mood ;-) Actually, since I know the series, I already had pictures of the Peaky Blinders in my head, when listening them.
So here we go, songs for drinking, loving, hating, looking cool, smoking cigarettes, polishing guns, rumbling around with style, mixing up towns, having power, losing power, getting dirty, getting clean and everything there is in between ;-)
- Franz Ferdinand - Shopping for Blood
- A Man’s World – James Brown
- Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling
- Chet Faker - Gold
- BRMC – Restless Sinner
- Johnny Cash – Ain’t no grave
- Hozier - Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene
- The Strypes - Hard To Say No
- The Whereabouts – Twenty Thrity Three
- The Kooks – Bad Habit
- Alt-J - "Tessellate"
- The Hives – Try it again
- Black Keys – Chop and Change
Feeling Peaky already? Let me know your thoughts and thanks for tuning in!